last edited: August 18, 2023
Here we list all resources collected for and during our Let’s talk Pride seminar in May 2023. Most of these resources were shared during the seminar – if you have additions to the list feel free to contact us and we will list them below.
You can also find additional polar or academia-related EDI resources on the APECS International website.
Queer networks and groups
- Kay McMonigal, Natalya Evans, Daniel C Jones, et al. Navigating gender at sea. ESS Open Archive. March 26, 2023. doi: 10.22541/essoar.167979164.49797676/v1
- Coon, Jaime Jo, et al. “Best practices for LGBTQ+ inclusion during ecological fieldwork: Considering safety, cis/heteronormativity, and structural barriers.” (2023). doi: 10.1111/1365-2664.14339
- Field code of conduct by APECS International
Other literature / blogposts / etc.
- EGU Webinar “How to build an LGBT+ network in geoscience” with EGU Pride
- Blogpost “Supporting our Trans and Gender Diverse Colleagues” written by Dani Jones, Britisch Antarctic Survey, March 2023
- Report: “Exploring the workplace for LGBT+ physical scientists”, Institute of Physics, Royal Astronomical Society and Royal Society of Chemistry (2019), PDF
- “Inclusive author name-change policy” by EGU and Copernicus (Policy) published with the Announcement in June 2022.
- Nature editorial “Science benefits from diversity”, Nature 558, 5 (2018).